August 30, 2010

A Day at the Tos!

A house is not a home until Ceci has something to do with it. She and Wayne invited me to their place in Elk Grove to hang out for the weekend, so I made the drive up from SF to do so. I was instantly welcomed and felt completely at home (maybe too at home) with the atmosphere the Tos created. I didn't want to leave at all! Here are some random shots of the day. Enjoy!

And as always, PLEASE COMMENT! :)

I loved the colors that she used, each room had different character and feel. How different it is from the way our parents choose to decorate their homes -- purely functional, none of it aesthetic.

I really wish I had gotten Lucy to look through that window.

The top picture is a corner of the frame that holds their wedding invitation.

Ceci put out fresh fruit and made me and Wayne bird seed toast with almond butter and honey, while she was busily making banana bread.

Ceci got this mixer way before she got married and had her own home. Who knew that it would fit perfectly in her kitchen? She did, of course.


Lucy! Such an adorable, fun-loving dog. She actually liked me! I think it's because I smelled like lamb curry and naan. Mmmm...

My gracious hosts. Two of my most favorite people in the world. Thank you for a weekend of fun, encouragement and refreshment. So thankful to the Lord for you guys!

5 comments:

  1. the pics are great! their place looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! Walter and I miss all THREE of you guys! The pics look great Christine esp. the one with Lucy and the Kitchen Aid! Random question: what program did you use to create the collage for the fruit pic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha!!! wow, you made our house look so great! i think better than in real life! you have such a good eye for photography (i remember thinking, why are you taking such random pictures... like the CORNER of a frame?,)and you're SO good at editing your photos!! i LOVE the one of Lucy!!

    thank YOU for coming all the way out here!!! both wayne and i had SUCH a good time! please come again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, i want to visit them now!! hahaha.. i think you portrayed ceci PERFECTLY in these pics, christine!!

    i miss you.. i miss ceci, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your captions and then Ceci's comment makes me miss you guys even more. I feel warm fuzzies on your behalf that Ceci left a gushing, very Ceci-esque comment. Also, way to represent, Wayne! hahahha.... UCSD football. :P

    ReplyDelete