May 26, 2011

Days 1-3: London

London has been such a great experience, so many people told me that it was dull and unexciting, but I actually really liked it! I felt like it was a mixed of DC (clean subways, streets with historical monuments) and SF (plethora of coffee shops that only serve brown sugar and three different cans for "rubbish"). I could definitely see myself living here!

In 3 days we visited St. Paul's cathedral, Tower of London, Tower Bridge, walked across the Milennium bridge, saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, the House of Parliament (including Big Ben), Picadilly Circus, Covent Garden, and strolled along the Thames.

We have been staying in a hostel with 5 other girls. It was hard to get ready for bed using the light of my iPhone as to not disturb the other girls. Everyone wakes up at different times, and it's lovely waking up to the sound of a hair dryer. Very nice, my German friend. Grace and I agree that in a few years, we won't be able to hostel it anymore. We're too set in our ways and used to things being convenient and nice. =)

Some things I've noticed:
Everyone rides the subways in suits and they look even better when they talk. Man, that accent!
Coffee black vs. white. White is with milk (who knew?? Maybe you Americans did, but I didn't).
Brown sauce = gravy
Brown bread = wheat
The food definitely was underwhelming, so we ate Asian food: Thai, Korean, and Taiwanese, which we all really decent!
The Chinatown here is the cleanest I've ever seen.
The Korean restaurant we ate at played Big Bang and had writing on the window that said "I heart... [names of all 13 Super Junior boys]." It was great! =)

Anyways, internet here costs an arm and a leg. It's crazy how fast 20 minutes can pass by when you're wasting time online.

Heading out to Paris tomorrow! Good night!

Also, I JUST FOUND OUT THAT I PASSED MY BOARD EXAMS! Yay!! Praise God!

7 comments:

  1. glad to hear that you both are alive and well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. three things:
    1) i like how you said, "you Americans," as if you're not. let's keep it real christine.
    2) if you get your "pants" dirty, don't say that out loud. ... on second thought, go ahead and try saying that.
    3) have fun christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for passing your test!
    yay for a clean chinatown!
    yay for updating your blog so we know you're alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on passing your exam! Now you can REALLY enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooohooooo, so happy for you for passing your boards!!! you will be a great PA!!

    i'm glad you guys are having fun!! :) say hello to dear ceci and wayne for me, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. accents are cool. pick one up for me. i'll pay you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Grace and I agree that in a few years, we won't be able to hostel it anymore. We're too set in our ways and used to things being convenient and nice. =)"

    haha, welcome to our world. :)

    ReplyDelete